Importing files from Dropbox into Magento
Using one of our import extensions for Magento 1 / 2 and want to import a specific CSV/XML file from Dropbox into Magento automatically? It couldn't be easier!
First of all, you will need to log into Dropbox or go to dropbox.com to get the "link" to your file. To do so:
- Simply right-click the file you want to fetch from Dropbox and click "Create Link"
- Click "Copy Link"
- Now a link will be displayed, that's the "share link", the link to the file. Copy it to your clipboard.
- It will look something like this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ujm123bm30y7g/some_file.csv?dl=0
- Now the only thing you have to do is to replace the 0 at the end of the link with 1 so the link looks like this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ujm123bm30y7g/some_file.csv?dl=1
- Copy that link
Now let's set up the import into Magento. Let's take our Stock Import extension as an example, the same principle applies for all our import extensions.
- Go to Catalog > Stock Import > Import Sources
- Create a new "HTTP URL Download" import source
- In the "URL" field, simply paste the link (ending in ?dl=1) you determined above
- Save the import source
That's it! You can now associate this import source to one of your import profiles, and whenever the import profile runs, it will fetch the file from Dropbox. Easily import stock levels or tracking information right from CSV or XML files via Dropbox into Magento.